In honour of the Sun moving into Gemini yesterday, I thought we could celebrate with a Tarot spread – a Gemini Tarot Spread to be specific.
In Tarot, Gemini is ruled by the Lovers and often represents commitments, communication, relationships, and decision-making.
Though this is a great time to explore any of those topics, it’s the area of decision-making that I’d like to focus on in today’s spread.
Looking at all sides of an issue is one of the gifts of the Gemini energy, and in turn the Lovers.
But that same gift can also be a challenge when it comes to making a choice. Too much information can be confusing.
To help pull out the relevant issues in a decision-making situation, here’s a simple spread meant to examine two options (though of course you can add as many options to the lay out as you’d like).
Try it out …
Gemini Decision-Making Spread
1. What am I trying to do? This card is meant to look at the big picture, or the ultimate goal of either option.
2. Describe my options (2 cards) – Before you pull these cards, decide which of your options will be described by which card, ex. Option A: I take the job at company XYZ, Option B: I keep working freelance.
Check to see not only how each card describes what the options might look or feel like, but also how they relate to the first card you pulled.
Does there seem to be a connection or is the option described taking you somewhere completely different than you mean to go?
3. What are the challenges of Option A? What are the challenges of Option B?
4. What are the benefits of Option A? What are the benefits of Option B?
5. How am I likely to feel going forward if I choose Option A? How am I likely to feel going forward if I choose Option B?
Again, look to see how these cards not only describe how you might feel, but also how they compare to the other cards in their group, the other group, and the ultimate goal of your decision.